Spanish Peaks Department of Rehabilitative Services provides physical, occupational and speech therapy to residents of the Veterans Nursing Home and patients of Spanish Peaks Hospital, as well as through Spanish Peaks Community Health Services. We also provide services to residents of the community through our Outpatient Therapy Department. We provide rehabilitation services for acute and skilled-care hospital patients, based on the physician's orders, and we work with the discharge planning team on specific skills and equipment needed for individual patient's discharge.
The Therapy Department provides therapy services for the Colorado State Veterans Nursing Home based on a physician's orders. As part of the care plan team, we offer appropriate recommendations for the resident's general safety, and for restorative programs and equipment needs.
We also provide therapy services for Mountain Creek Home Health. These services include continued rehabilitation needs following hospitalization and treatment of existing problems in the home environment.
- Rehabilitation of neck and back injuries
- Geriatric rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Pre-season athletic screening
- Postural re-training
- Gait analysis and training
- Pre-prosthetic/prosthetic training
- Modalities: Ultrasound, iontophoresis, electrical stimulation
- Headache management
- Positional and seating modification
- Soft Tissue mobilization
- Joint Mobilization
- Therapeutic exercise
- Home program development
- Wound care
- Hand therapy
- Women's health
- Urinary incontinence rehabilitation