Colorado State Veterans Home
Southeast Colorado, between the foothills of the Rockies and the rolling plains, near lakes and streams, underneath a clear blue sky, is a place where heroes come to live.
The place is Colorado State Veterans Home, located just outside of Walsenburg, CO. Our friendly staff provides 24-hour nursing care to U.S. military veterans and their families.
Throughout the history of the U.S., men and women have served this country, protecting our freedom, and maintaining our values. These men and women did nothing less than save the world.
At Colorado State Veterans Home, we understand the sacrifices these men and women have made. We provide excellent medical care; our staff goes beyond the requirements. In addition to excellent medical care, we provide a quality of life that recognizes their sacrifices.
What We Offer
We provide residents with a warm and personable place to live. At the same time, we offer first-rate health care. Our medical staff is highly trained. Our staff-to-patient ratio is higher than most nursing homes nationwide.
- Built in 1993, we are southern Colorado's newest nursing home for veterans
- Bright, modern, clean, comfortable
- Floor to ceiling picture windows offer beautiful views of the Rockies and Lathrop State Park
- VA annual supplement of $23,000 to $41,000 toward the cost of care
- Improved pension program available for wartime veterans or the widow of a wartime veteran in need of nursing home care
- The only nursing home physically connected to a community hospital - Spanish Peaks Hospital
- Staff to resident ratio assures close, personal attention
- An affordable daily rate and an all-inclusive pricing policy that eliminated additional charges
- Special Care Unit providing services for residents with Dementia, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and/or Parkinson's disease
- Hemodialysis on site to meet your dialysis needs, owned and operated by Fresenius Medical Care